Mrs. LeSueur’s Grading Policy
- Ms. LeSueur accepts all late work for full point value up until the Late Work Deadline each quarter.
- Students will be required to come into class before or after school to grade their own late assignment using the teacher’s grading keys and to go over the assignment with the teacher.
- There will be one deadline at the end of each quarter to turn in late work for this class. This includes ALL late work, absent work, missing assignments, redo’s and make-ups. This is a strict deadline. Please realize that you must be responsible for remembering what you turn in during the week leading up to the deadline as teachers cannot grade each late assignment as you turn it in. Check skyward often. If you are missing an assignment and THINK you turned it in, make sure to double check the in-box and no-name box and clear all matters up with me before this date. If you will be absent on the deadline, please come and talk to me about turning in assignments. I will not accept any work past the deadline unless you were absent on the deadline date, in which case your work will be due the day you return as long as it is before the quarter ends.
Quarter Deadlines for Late Work
1st Quarter: Oct. 23rd
2nd Quarter: Jan. 15th
3rd Quarter: Mar. 23rd
4th Quarter: May 27th
Redo’s and Retakes:
- Students can redo any assignment to get points back (within the limits of the late work deadlines) as long as the assignment was turned in on time and completed in the first place.
- Students can retake quizzes they have failed through Rise and Stretch during school.
- If you are absent for Rise and Stretch or need to take a whole test due to an absence, you can come and do so after school.
- Absent students have the same number of days they were absent to make-up work the missed (see school disclosure).
- It is the student’s responsibility to remember to check the old work calendar and gather the worksheets from the day(s) missed in the old work folders when they return from an absence 2 days or less. Teachers do not collect work for students unless they are gone for 3 or more days and have an Educational Leave packet (see school disclosure).
- If you need help I stay after school every day until 3pm and can stay later upon request.
To Stay on top of your assignments:
- Check the “no name” box is you think you turned in an assignment and it’s not showing up in skyward.
- Check skyward at least once a week to keep track of you grades.
- Check my master doc.
- There is a calendar link on the master doc that is the same exact one I use to organize my lessons for the year.
- Our school policy is that grades will be updated once a week. I grade late work and update grades on the weekend, except right after the late work deadline. Due to the large amount of late work turned in this week, it will take longer for assignments to be graded at this time.