- Scientific Method : September
Steps of the Scientific Method, vocabulary, data tables, graphing, how to do a lab.
- Properties of Matter: October – November
Atoms, molecules, mass, volume, density, phases of matter, earth materials
- Cells: November – January
Cell organelles, Levels of Organization in living things, body systems, osmosis and diffusion
- Heredity: January – March
Asexual and sexual reproduction, inherited and acquired traits, natural and artificial selection
- Classification: March – April
Levels of classification, 5 Kingdoms, scientific names, using a dichotomous key
- Daily in-class assignments/Labs
- Starters – daily
- Quizzes – every other week
- Tests – at the end of each unit (5 total)
- Projects – one per quarter in quarters 2-4
Late work: All late work is deducted 20%. My late work deadline for each quarter will be a week before the last day of the quarter.