Since the end of the quarter is drawing close, I have been receiving a lot of late work and a lot of questions about how assignments are graded. To help you out, here is a summary of my grading policies.
Ms. LeSueur’s Grading Policy
• If an assignment is late, students must complete the assignment within a week of its due date and turn it in with a late pass. Assignments without a late pass will be deducted 20%. If it is very late (over a month), it will be deducted 50%.
• School policy is that students will be allowed 2 late assignments per class, per quarter (see school disclosure).
Redo’s and Retakes:
• Students can redo any assignment, as long as it was completed in the first place.
• Incomplete assignments that are turned in for grading cannot be made up.
• Students can retake quizzes and tests they have failed through Rise and Stretch during school.
• If you are absent for Rise and Stretch or need to take a whole test due to an absence, you can come and do so after school.
• Absent students have the same number of days they were absent to make-up work the missed (see school disclosure).
• Remember to check the old work calendar and gather the worksheets from the day(s) you missed in the old work folders when you return from your absence. It is your responsibility to get your worksheets.
• When you do turn in your absent work write “ABSENT” on the top of the paper so I can double check your absence on my records and not take off late points.
• If you need help I stay after school until 3:30pm every day.
To Stay on top of your assignments:
• Check the “no name” box if you think you turned in an assignment and it’s not showing up in skyward.
• Check skyward at least once a week to keep track of your grades.
• Check my blog: https://mlesueur.wordpress.com/
for more information if needed. There is also a calendar link on the blog that is the same exact one I use to organize my lessons for the year.
• Our school policy is that grades will be updated every Monday.